LRC: Adaptive Equipment
Procedures for Ordering and Returning Equipment and Materials
- Equipment and materials may be ordered anytime during the year. The Adaptive Equipment Order Form should be used, and can be mailed or emailed. In order to ensure that adaptive aids and supplies are in place when school begins, the LRC suggests that orders and requests be submitted before July 1.
- Items are on loan to the School Division for use by students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind, and teachers of the visually impaired.
- To place an order, complete an Adaptive Equipment Order Form and submit it to James Norman at the LRC, either by email, fax, or US postal service mail. Multiple items for multiple students (up to 31 requests) can be ordered on a single form as long as all of the students are enrolled in the same school system and all of the items will be shipped to the same address.
- All AE (Adaptive Equipment) items are provided to the school system for a specific student, care of a Teacher of the Blind and Vision Impaired. The LRC presumes that all consumable AE items will be “consumed” when provided so it does not expect these items to be returned. Each “tracked” AE item remains on loan to the school system for the student until it is returned to the LRC or reassignment of the item is requested by submitting an AE Reassignment Form, either by email (preferred), fax, or US postal service mail. The loss or theft of any “tracked” AE item must be reported to the LRC.
- “Tracked” AE items may be returned to the LRC throughout the year, as students no longer need them. The item should be returned in the original box using the original special Styrofoam inserts where applicable, with a completed AE Return and Repair/Replacement Form should be enclosed with the return. If you do not have the original box/inserts, contact the AE Department and they will be provided if available. LRC Consumable items should not be returned to the LRC unless in unused or in pristine condition. No form is needed for a consumable item return.
- Broken “tracked” AE items must be sent to the LRC. The item should be returned in the original box using the original special Styrofoam inserts where applicable, with a completed AE Return and Repair/Replacement Form enclosed with the item. This form can also be emailed to James Norman to speed up the request. If the form is emailed, the replacement item will be sent in advance of the broken item being received at the LRC.
- Periodically, an inventory of all “tracked” AE items on loan is conducted by the LRC. Printouts of items on loan are distributed to each school system for Teachers of the Blind and Vision Impaired to verify, update and return to the LRC for reconciliation.
This File Was Last Modified: Monday January 04 2016